Setup Email on iPhone or iPad
Below is a step-by-step to set up your BEZA.NET e-mail account on an Apple iPhone or iPad.
To Set Up Your E-mail Account on Apple iPhone or iPad
1. From the Home screen on your iphone or iPad, choose Settings:
2. Under Settings, select Mail, Contacts, Calendars:
3. Select Add Account…:
4. Select Other as the type of account:
5. Select Add Mail Account under the Mail section:
6. Enter your information as follows:
Enter your first and last name.
Enter your e-mail address.
Enter the password you set up for your e-mail account.
7. Click Next.
8. Click IMAP (always recommended over POP):
9. Enter the Incoming Mail Server information:
Host Name: enter mail.yourdomain.com (See note below)
User Name: enter the full email address (ie firstname.lastname@example.org)
Password: enter the users password
NOTE: replace mail.yourdomain.com with the domain name you have registered in your BEZA control panel account. For example if your domain is mycompany.com, then Host Name should be mail.mycompany.com
10. Scroll down to the Outgoing Mail Server section and enter the same information as entered for Incoming Mail Server:
11. Click Next.
12. You may see a warning about “Cannot Verify Server identity.” This is expected as you are connecting using yourdomain.com while all of BEZA mail servers are protected by a High Assurance SSL certificate under the *.beza.net or *.bezahosting.com domain name instead of yourdomain.com. If you see this message, please click Details:
13. Under the Certificate Details page, select Trust option to trust our SSL certidicates which are issued to *.beza.net or *.bezahosting.com:
14. Optional: In some cases, your iphone might not be able to connect via SSL to the mail servers. If you see a message that says “Cannot Connect Using SSL”, click Yes when asked to setup the account without SSL.
15. Your iPhone will then verify your account information and if everything was entered correctly, your email account will be successfully setup.
16. Once the verification process is complete, click Save:
Congratulations, you have successfully setup your BEZA hosted email on your iphone/ipad!